Friday, May 18, 2012

Italian Sausage Sandwiches

It's a given that most of these recipes are convenient, mostly because I don't do inconvenient. After college I became a LeanCuisine girl, so anything more than that is a lot for me. Baby steps...

Tonight was SO easy. (and cheap!!) Granted it was not the most healthy option. I can imagine that the sausage and peppers can be served over whole grain pasta with a salad to make it better for you. I got it off of the McCormick website http://www.mccormick.com

Tonight we had a comfort food night. We served the Sausage on toasted hoagie rolls with green beans and mac-n-cheese. (I know, I know..it was our TGIF meal). It would be great for entertaining for football season!

Italian Sausage Sandwiches
Ingredients:
2-15oz. cans of stewed tomatoes
2-10oz. cans of tomato paste
2 lbs of italian sausage (we used hot, but you can go for mild if you don't like spicy stuff)
1 medium onion
2 green peppers (sliced in 1/2 inch longitudinal pieces)
1 Pkg of McCormick Italian Herb Chicken Seasoning

Recipe:
Combine all ingredients in Crock Pot and cook for 8-10 hours on low and 4-6 on high.

No comments:

Post a Comment